5

Sleepless

I didn't sleep at all last night ... not a wink. I may have some sort of insomnia coz it takes me at least 30 mins (sometimes hours) before I fall asleep and I wake up at least once in the middle of the night and then it's gonna take me as long again to fall back to sleep.

So I was in bed at around 8:30pm coz I knew I was tired but I can't fall asleep. My eyes don't want to close and it gets strained coz I'm trying to keep them closed. No luck. I get out of bed before 12 and I was just sitting in the living room, in the dark. Then I decide maybe watching something will help me fall asleep so I open my laptop and watch Initial D episodes. I sit there watching till 3am, still not sleepy, but I turn it off and go back to the sofa, closed my eyes ... still doesn't want to stay closed so I just stared. 4am came, then 5, then 6, then the alarm goes off and it's time to "wake up". I turn on the TV and prepare Jojo's lunch and the day goes on.

This is the first time that I didn't really get any sleep at all. I usually can squeeze in maybe an hours sleep when my insomnia acts up like this, but not last night. And up till now, I'm not sleepy at all. I was hoping maybe I can take a nap but alas, I'm wide awake. I have to talk to my doctor about this but I'm afraid of becoming dependent on sleep aids. I think it's better when I'm sick coz the medicine that I take usually helps me sleep through the night (0_o) Oh well ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a friend who has a similar problem. someone suggested listening to some meditation music while in bed, and it worked for her. she woke up feeling refreshed :)-cess

Bambi said...

i did that before but it wasn't effective for me. i had to take nyquil last night to make sure i get some sleep. that worked great (^_^)

jho said...

i guess you have to ask for a doctor's advice for that insomia.

jho said...

i've linked you up ha.

Bambi said...

i know ... thanks jho (^_^)

Post a Comment

Back to Top