Onigiri and Miso

I was in the mood for some onigiri so I decided to make it for dinner, along with miso soup (^_^) An onigiri would have a filling in the middle but instead of a filling, I mixed in my ingredient with the rice and furikake. I used spam again since that's the only "filling" I have at the moment. I would have wanted some spicy tuna or salmon but I didn't have that so spam it is. Instead of making bricks like a musubi, you form it into a triangle (or ball if you want). Then wrap one side with nori. This is so much easier to eat than the musubi coz it's not too thick that you have to open your mouth so wide.
I was able to make 5 1/2 with 1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice. I guess I could have made just 5 but I have to practice some more so I could make them in roughly the same size. So Jojo and I had 2 each and Finn got the 1 1/2. For the miso soup, I made enough for 2 but Finn liked it so we shared mine. Yum yum!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mahilig ka talaga gumwa ng ganito. ako i havent done the first recipe you taught us. tsk, should make time.

Post a Comment

Back to Top