0

Tagaytay

Tagaytay was our destination for the Bernales family outing. It's my first time to go down 20 km to the base and the road wasn't all paved so that was a little slow going. We took a boat to Volcano Island and rode tiny horses (tiny coz the ponies here are so much bigger than they are) to the top of the crater. Finn rode with me so he was on the sadle and I wasn't ... just blankets on the horse. There was also a guide with us on foot. It got sooo hot in some parts when we were going up, partly I guess because of the sun and the heat from the volcano. So we get up there, bought drinks and just stared out into the view. I was surprised to find out that the famous "Taal Volcano" that we all see in text books and postcards is just one of 3 craters and is not THE Taal Volcano, and it's not the one you go up to. What you will see when you get to the top is, I believe, the largest of the 3. And up there you can see why the line - An island within a lake within an island within a lake - was coined.

The descent was easier but it got so dusty in some parts I wish I bought a mask. We rested a bit at the base, then took the boat back. This was around noon already and we were getting hungry. Jojo's sister made reservations at Sonya's Garden for 12nn but we got there an hour after. So by then we were famished. The bread was delish, the juice (was it dalandan?) was good, pasta was ok. To me it was a bit pricey but I guess since all organic food is much more expensive, and since the food kept coming, maybe it's alright. After eating we just walked around the "garden". Oh I have to tell you this ... I went to the ladies room in the dining area and when I went in one of the stalls ... It was so "open"! One side was just screened in, no wall to speak of, just a screen and they expect me to sit in the toilet when you can see the garden outside and if someone was there, can see you with your pants down?! Uh-uh. Nevermind, I'll just hold my pee in. Another ladies room I went into was the same until I found one in a sort of function room that was private. That aside, the gardens are beautiful with lots of cozy sitting areas and even beds, some with curtains (~_^) I guess the beauty of the gardens makes up for the price of the food (can you tell I'm not really happy with the cost of our lunch?).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top