3

Cupcakes

It's my very first attempt at making cupcakes and I think I did a very good job! This morning I went to a craft store to buy fondant and circle cutters. I ended up getting a box of white and a box of 4 different colored ones - red, blue, green and yellow. Was thinking of making Super Mario mushrooms so I can practice for Finn's birthday next year (yes, I start preparing like 6 months before the party) since he wants to have a Mario party.

After lunch was when I baked the cupcakes and I was so happy they turned out well (^_^) The cupcakes had to cool but I didn't have enough time to decorate in the afternoon coz we did a lot of stuff after school. So after dinner I started preparing the materials for decorating and made sure I had containers ready for the unused fondant.

Super Mario mushrooms have a colored base and white spots but since I had less of the colored fondant, I decided to make a white base with colored spots, like Toad the character. And since this is only practice, I just used the red. Good thing too that I decided to use white for the base coz it was hard to dust off the powdered sugar from the red fondant ... probably coz I sprinkled a little too much on my work surface. But I still think it turned out well (^_^) Might also have to look for a lighter flavored cake (used a yellow cake mix) to offset the sweetness of the fondant. Or make one from scratch. We'll see what I do next year.

3 comments:

h. said...

one of my biggest frustrations, baking. i wish i will have the patience to do this sometime. :-)

they all look so yummy!

jho said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

ang aga ha, hehehe! well, i'm pretty sure you'll make great-looking cupcakes and yummy too. si bambi pa.

Post a Comment

Back to Top