2

Cupcakes and Sunflowers

Here's my second attempt at decorating cupcakes. I tried a different technique this time. Instead of rolling out the red fondant, I warmed it up and dipped my cupcakes into it. I can't seem to get the right consistency though, that's why it's so shiny and it's very sticky (think I added too much water). Takes soooo long to dry too. Anyway, I made different designs on top of it using fondant as well. When we finish eating these, I'll try the dipping technique again. Hopefully I'll get it right.
This little thing is Finn's sunflower. Each student in his class planted one in a cup in school and they brought it home today. Jojo transferred it to the garden and I hope it'll grow. I'll keep you updated on it's progress (^_^)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm also thinking of growing a sunflower from seed, i saw a gardening blog and i got inspired by the sunflowers. i'm going to put it in a pot though, i hope it thrives.

and good luck in your cupcake project! still looks yummy to me!

Bambi said...

thanks! it's finally dry so no more sticky mess (^_^)

Post a Comment

Back to Top