4

Babies!

We have babies! No not me ... our guppy gave birth last night. Can you see that black spot in her belly? Those are the fry (^_^) Guppies have live births, they don't lay eggs. At first I could only see one but when I cleaned the tank, guess what ... there's at least 50 of them (there were so many I couldn't keep track. there are more on top, at the bottom and on the other side)! Imagine that. I don't know if the other fish ate some of the fry coz they do that, so there might have been more. I transferred them to a bowl so they can swim freely and have more food to eat. When they were in the tank, they were all under the marbles hiding from the big fish ... coz they're very tasty fishfood to the zebra fish and their mommy. So now we'll have to see if they survive. I may have to buy another tank for the fry. If they all grow up, I'll have to check the pet stores if they can buy them. Otherwise, it'll just be a donation ... or I'll start giving them away to friends (^_^) I can't have those many fish, coz we don't have room for a big tank ... and that's gonna be very costly too. I wonder if the guppy will give birth in a couple of months again ... even if our male guppy died a few weeks ago. Guppies I guess store sperm so she can get pregnant without the male. We'll see (^_^)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coolness! Now I miss having a fishtank in my home. I will have it up and running again when I go back. I miss all my fishybas :D Heheheheh!

Congratulations!!

Bambi said...

i just hope most of them survive (^_^)

kaye said...

cool!amazing!how's the maintenance by the way?coz in Philippines,i used to have a fish but my mom took care of the cleaning then and the expenses of course.Now my pet is a shih tzu dog named Tink and am going to pick up my second shih tzu from a breeder in NY on Oct 7.

Bambi said...

i clean the tank once a week and it's not much trouble coz it's only a one gallon tank. food is cheap and the small one i bought about 2 months ago still has about 3/4 left. easy to maintain and nice to watch (^_^)

Post a Comment

Back to Top