2

Backyard Part 4

Ok ok, maybe you're tired of hearing ... or rather reading about our backyard. But I'm gonna write about it anyway (^_^)

After Finn's TKD class, we had lunch at Arby's and then went to buy soil mixes, mulch, stepping stones, and grass seeds. Why stepping stones when I've already laid bricks? We didn't really like my messy brick laying job and the one we bought looked like bricks but is one big piece of stone. Hence, no gaps in between and no loose bricks. When we got back, I took out the ones I laid and spaced the new stepping stones so Jojo can "plant" them. Meanwhile, I was assembling the windmill you see at the far end of the first photo. After the stones were in place along with the windmill, Jojo started prepping the veggie patch at the end and bordered it with the bricks that we had. I was spreading the sand from underneath the bricks that we took out in preparation for a swing that will be on the left side. We'll probably lay the bricks there so the swing will be on a level and stable area. Jojo also spread grass seeds. I hope the birds don't eat them.

It was another tiring but productive day and I'm happy with the results so far. Our neighbor was also pleased when he learned of what we were planning. He said this part of the house was always neglected, just a lawn, nothing interesting. We want it to be a nice area to hang out as an extension to the deck. And when you're down there sitting on the swing (which we don't have yet), you have pretty things to look at once the flowers and other plants start growing. Can't wait for that (^_^)

2 comments:

a.g.g.i.e. said...

Ang saya ng project niyo! :D Sooo excited to see all your hard work in full bloom!

Bambi said...

me too (^_^) saya pero nakakapagod =P

Post a Comment

Back to Top