2

Coat of Arms

Found these coats of arms at http://www.cafepress.com/. I was thinking of making one for us before but now I don't have to, coz here it is (^_^) Bernales, is of course my surname now. Cruz is my MILs maiden name. Fernandez is my maiden name, Lerma is my mom's maiden name, Arce is my grandmother's maiden name and Heredia is my great grandmother's maiden name. That's as far as I know.

Now here's what I gathered about the meaning of these symbols:
Colors - red: warrior or martyr; military strength and magnanimity / blue: truth and loyalty / gold: generosity and elevation of the mind / silver or white: peace and sincerity
Wavy line - sea or water
Castle - safety
Crescent - one who has been honored by the sovereign; hope of greater glory
Cross - faith; Christianity; service in the crusades
Fleur-de-lis - purity; light
Lion - dauntless courage
Serpent/Snake/Lizard - wisdom
Square symbols - constancy
Sword - justice and military honour
Tower - safety and grandeur

Pretty cool (^_^)

2 comments:

cess said...

ok... sorry for being ignorant but what is a coat of arms for? how do i know which color is for us?

Bambi said...

for a full description and history, you can find it in wikipedia. it's just a way of identifying different families / clans / groups. i just searched for our surnames and these were already in one site's database. i wanted to make my own from scratch so i can tailor it more for us ... maybe next time.

Post a Comment

Back to Top