Taiyaki

Bought my taiyaki-ki in our previous Mitsuwa trip and now I’ve put it to use (^_^) Started preparing the azuki beans Saturday night coz you have to let it soak in water overnight. Prepared it Sunday afternoon to turn it into anko (sweet red bean paste), and then made 4 taiyaki as a trial. The recipe I got was kinda weird coz it turned into a dough instead of becoming a batter so I had to add more water and sugar. They all turned out kinda skinny so I’m thinking I’m gonna have to use half white and half wheat flour instead of all wheat to get more rise.

I made 8 more this morning to finish off the recipe. Finn had 2 and I had 2 as well for breakfast. Jojo brought 2 for work. I’m also gonna try a different batter recipe next time to see which turns out better but at least this one tastes the same as the ones I buy at Mitsuwa (^_^)

1 comments:

Aggie said...

oooh! looks really yummy! :)

Post a Comment

Back to Top